Friday, February 19, 2016

2015.

I am (hopefully) back after a very long break! I started missing writing posts so I decided to try and pick this blog up again. I have no idea yet in which direction this is gonna go and how long this is going to last, but here's to a new start!

So 2015 has come to an end, and it has been an amazing and shitty year. It has been one of the toughest, but also one of the best years my life. For one, I turned eighteen, which means I was allowed to finally drive by myself! I finished my gap year in Oxford and returned home to start university here, in september.
I know it sounds incredibly cheesy, but with new experiences in life, comes change. Now it happens to be that I do not like change at all, but it did teach me a lot.
So here's what this past year has taught me:

  1. If you want something to change, don't just sit and wait it gets better. Actually go out and change it yourself
  2. Don't always put yourself in front of others. Sure, it's nice to do so, but don't let yourself suffer because of it
  3. Go out and make the most of your life
  4. Take on new adventures
  5. It's very much okay to stay in and do absolutely nothing
  6. It's also okay to be out and about a lot of the time
  7. Try to balance your work / studies and social activities
They are all fairly standard lessons everyone always teaches, but I did happen to find these things out for myself as well. In the end I guess it is just something everyone has to go through and discover for themselves, but I hope at least one person picks something up from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment